envy 0.9.10-0ubuntu2 adds the support for the latest Nvidia driver and fixes a bug:
* Fixed: Envy stopped after the process in the virtual terminal ended.
* Added: Nvidia driver 169.09
* Removed: Nvidia driver 169.07
Here are the release highlights from Nvidia’s website:
* Fixed a problem causing the fan on some GPUs to always run at full speed.
* Fixed a bug that caused the X driver to crash if the X.Org GLX extension module was loaded intead of NVIDIA’s.
* Improved the X driver’s awareness of the current notebook docking status.
* Fixed brightness control on HP Compaq notebooks.
* Fixed a bug in the Linux/i2c algorithm driver implementation that prevented core transfer types from succeeding.